Lake Waikaremoana is perched high in the rugged mountains of Te Urewera National Park, amidst the largest area of untouched native rainforest in the North Island. Journey deep into New Zealand's last frontier, a land cloaked in mist, mysticism and primordial forest. This unique Great Walk is a hut-to-hut hiking expedition, circumnavigating beautiful Lake Waikaremoana, with secluded beaches, fascinating history and truly breathtaking views.
- Departs Rotorua 8:30am, returns by 6pm on day 4
- Join a small group & experienced guide
- 4 days / 3 nights all-inclusive New Zealand Guided Walk
- 46 km / 30 miles
- 4-7 hours hiking each day over varied terrain on formed trails
- Support boat transports most of your gear
- 2 days carrying a day pack only, 2 days carrying an overnight pack with gear for 1 night
Fitness level: moderate
Accommodation: Bush huts in spectacular locations - dormitories with bunk beds and outside toilets, no electricity or cell phone coverage!
Includes: great NZ style meals and wine, backpacks, sleeping bags, raincoats, support boat, return Rotorua transport
Departs weekly over summer. More departure dates may be arranged on request.
For full itinerary please contact us or see our website: