3.5 Day Tongariro Hiking Tour - Lodge Based
- Duration: 4 Days (approx.)
Explore a wide variety of day walks amidst the dramatic alpine and active volcanic landscapes of a Dual World Heritage Area, including the unforgettable Tongariro Alpine Crossing, voted the best day-walk in the world. The Park is known for it's significant cultural heritage combined with a unique alpine environment with arid badlands, crater lakes, sparkling rivers, breath-taking lunar landscapes, native beech forest and alpine tussock meadows.
- Join a small, fun group led by a friendly, knowledge Kiwi hiking guide.
- Enjoy 3.5 days and 3 nights in the Tongariro National Park on this all-inclusive New Zealand guided hiking tour.
- Spend 4 to 8 hours hiking each day over varied and rocky terrain in a Dual World-Heritage area.
- No heavy packs: you'll just carry a day pack with your daily essentials.
- Includes: delicious meals, nutritious trail snacks and Kiwi wines and beers.
- Return Rotorua or Taupo transport.
- 3-star lodge accommodation with ensuite bathrooms.
- Complimentary hire of quality raincoats, day packs and walking poles by prior arrangement.
Rooms are studio twin or double with compact, space-saving ensuite bathrooms. Family rooms available on request. Accommodation is based on twin share, a single supplement fee of $200 NZD applies for private room upgrades.
This trip departs once per fortnight from November through to April, inclusive. Additional departure dates can be arranged on request. for groups of 8 or more.
For full itinerary please contact us or see our website.
Or just give our friendly reservations team a call on:
- NZ Freephone 0800 925 569
- AUS Freephone 1 800 646 584
Or send an email to Cathy - firstname.lastname@example.org