4 Day Great Barrier Island Escape - Lodge Based
- Duration: 4 Days (approx.)
- Location: Great Barrier Island
Great Barrier Island (Aotea) is a place of remote beauty and rugged wilderness, with a distinctive Kiwi flavour. With a population of 900 residents, it is one of the most tranquil and laid-back places you’ll find in the South Pacific. The warm salty breeze mingled with the rich forest air makes every breath a pleasure, while its' winding trails through volcanic peaks, native forests, golden beaches and crystal-clear waters ensure your daily quota of exercise and adventure.
- Join a small, fun group and spend a magical 4 days and 3 nights on this all-inclusive New Zealand walking holiday.
- Enjoy 3 to 7 hours hiking each day over varied terrain through a unique, biodiversity hot-spot.
- No heavy packs: you'll carry just a daypack with your daily essentials.
- Relax each evening at a 3.5-star, boutique lodge, set in a pristine natural bay with spectacular views over the Hauraki Gulf.
- Dine on sumptuous local fare prepared by our lodge hosts and sip crisp Kiwi wines or beers.
- Includes: nutritious, delicious meals, trail snacks and wine; accommodation for 3 nights with shared bathroom facilities*; all transport on the island; complimentary hire of quality hiking equipment; be led by a friendly, professional Kiwi hiking guide.
- Excluded: Return flights from Auckland Domestic to Claris Airport are additional. Our reservations team is happy to book flights on your behalf that are well-timed with the tour. On the next page, you'll be asked to check a box to request the use of this service. This is a complimentary service, no extra charges apply.
Accommodation is based on twin share. For individual travellers who prefer a private room, a single supplement fee of $200 NZD applies per person. Not all rooms at our lodge is the same, if you have particular requirements please get in touch to secure the best room for your needs.
This trip departs fortnightly from October through to April, inclusive. Additional departures for private groups can be arranged, please enquire.
See full trip details on our website.Want to know more? Just give our friendly reservations team a call on:
- NZ Freephone 0800 925 569 (WALK NZ)
- AUS Freephone 1 800 646 584
Or send an email to Cathy at email@example.com.